Great content comes from finding the perfect blend of information and eye-candy, the kind that keeps your followers and fans coming back for more on a daily basis. With this in mind I’ve scoured the web to bring you my must-add list of curation tools. Those little gems that help you to keep your posts, tweets and features sparkling with vibrancy and that all important shareability factor.
- Content Gems is the fairy godmother of curation tools, I love the simplicity of this service which finds you the perfect content quickly and so easily that you’ll wonder how you ever coped without it. Content Gems monitors the best online sources, including 200,000+ news sources, blogs, and social media accounts, and filters the results based on your keywords, social signals, and more. What’s more, the service makes sharing your content to both your social media platforms and your website a piece of cake.
- ScoopIt – A very clever curation tool and broadcast platform that automatically finds and features comments from places like Twitter and Google blogs based on your target keywords and interests. It’s also fully customisable, allowing for additional sources to be added to your stream(s) as required.
- Post Planner – Great for Facebook content marketers and there’s a free period for you to try out all the viral content scheduling features. If Facebook is your platform of choice then this is a curation tool well worth checking out.
- Triberr is a community of tribes made up of passionate bloggers (I’m one of them) that provides an easy way to find and share great content. You start by joining a tribe that shares content relevant to your sector and interests and can then easily cross platform promote content through its easy to use sharing tools. Your own blogs can also be shared via Triberr – a great way to promote your brand message through a community of highly influential bloggers.
- Flipboard – An addictive and incredibly useful curation tool that I use far too often if I’m honest! I love the simplicity of its magazine layout and its one-tap sharing tools which zap content across all your social platforms or via email. An essential curation tool and one that you’ll have great fun using to boot!
Effective curation is an essential part of building a strong social presence so give my recommendations a try and let me know your thoughts – or suggest some tools of your own that are worth checking out.
Until next time …